Tuesday 7 October 2014

I Love Pumpkin!


I love October. Cooler temperatures that encourage walks, colourful leaves that crunch underfoot, Thanksgiving with turkey dinners and family gathered around the table, and Halloween with the decorations, candy, costumes, and exciting childhood memories of my youth. To me, October is pumpkin month, and I love pumpkin! You can probably tell from the cover of my second mystery, Town Haunts. I carved the pumpkins for that cover, and I'm pretty proud of the way they turned out. Not to mention the photographic talent of my husband, who took the shot in a local cemetery.


But I love pumpkin for more that carved jack-o'-lanterns. I love all kinds of pumpkin treats. Pumpkin muffins, cakes, ice cream, pie. Yum!

Now, we have two family birthdays in October. My daughter was born the day after my husband's birthday, and both birthdays fall on Thanksgiving weekend this year. Do I make them share a birthday cake? No siree, because my husband is a pie-man. I bake a pumpkin pie for his birthday dinner, and a pecan cake for my daughter the next day. So I don't have to do any special baking for Thanksgiving because we've already got two desserts. That's more baking than I do any other time of the year except Christmas. So make sure that you enjoy your pumpkin treats this October because it's pumpkin month!

No comments:

Post a Comment